Why I Learned to Just Enjoy Dating

By 9:16:00 AM , , , , , , , ,

You've turned 26, or you've hit your late twenties, you're still single, and all your friends are either married, engaged or have found the 14th love of their life. And you? Well you're just trying to get to your dentist appointment on time just once. And then it hits you! You're closing in on 30. And an entire flood of concerns take over. What if I die an old maid? Will I ever meet the one or am I doomed to a life of assholes? Am I going to have to go to a sperm bank?  Or are my eggs already useless? 


My goodness, get a grip sweety! You're panicking way too soon. 
At least that's what I had to say to myself. 

That urgency to get married, have kids and build a life with someone is so dangerous. We often forget just how much of a blessing this period in our life is. What period am I referring to? 

Being single and in charge of you!

You have to remember... Marriage and children come with an enormous amount of responsibility.  Responsibilities that consume a lot of your time and a lot of your emotions.  So learn to enjoy your life now. Enjoy life free of those responsibilities.  

Travel. Read a book series. Splurge on something extravagant. Pick up a hobby like crocheting or cycling. Write a book. Start a blog! 

If you're single? Date and meet people with no pressure. 

If you're in a committed relationship? Don't get consumed with the idea of "the next step". Whether it's marriage or just moving in together. 

Enjoy your life as it is now. Don't freak out at the fact that you haven't met the one! What's meant for you will be in God's own perfect timing. 

Be patient. Be yourself. Trust the timing of your life. 

And remember to always Trust Me... Because you know I Can't Lie. 

Xoxo Mandizzy 

PS: I just came back from Rome, Italy and Athens, Greece. Best decision I've ever made was to enjoy me! I'm a great time. Even all by myself. Just one of the many ways to enjoy this time in your life. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments