Are you a good friend?

By 6:00:00 PM , , ,

Your home girl hasn't had the best track record with the dudes she chooses to date. You yourself, are a veteran in the game and see everything she's doing wrong. Starting with the fact that she keeps making the same mistakes with each guy. 


What do you do? You're over being her shoulder to cry on. Especially if she's just not getting it! I'll tell you what you do... Nothing!

She's a big girl. The decisions she makes are her own. No need for you to take responsibility for them. I've learned that in life, love and relationships, it's best for everyone to experience their own disappoints. I understand the urge to warn your friend. I understand the urge to snitch on life and tell her just what's she's doing wrong. After all, why would you want to see her get hurt? Well I'm going to explain why it's best to let her do her. 

People rarely learn from an I told you so situation. 
Say she's dating a guy you know personally as a serial cheater but she insist he's changed for her. When he's cheated on her, you want to be like see! I told you so! I knew this was going to happen! I knew this bad thing was going to occur! 

You know what she actually sees? A friend that didn't support something she genuinely cared about. A person that expected her relationship to fail. And who wants that kind of person as your friend. Someone who finds pleasure in being right at your expense. 

So don't be that person. Don't be the person who almost loses a friend over a sucky guy. If she asks for your opinion on her guy or her relationship, by all means, offer it. And offer your opinion honestly. But if in the end it does fail? Don't say I told you so. Say I'm sorry that this happened to you. Be there for her. That's like your minimum requirement as a true friend. To be there even when you know the situation could have been avoided.  

If she doesn't ask for your opinion, don't offer it.  We all need to stop babying our adult friends. Nobody's perfect. We are all bound to make mistakes. Just hope that one day they'll get it right. 

And remember to Trust Me... Because You Know I Can't Lie. 

xoxo Mandizzy



You Might Also Like

0 comments