Single Girl Problems

By 9:42:00 PM , , , ,


Years ago, when I first started my blog, I wrote about how awful being single was because of dating. I explained how not being in a committed relationship left you so vulnerable to unwanted attention and unnecessary stress. 

When you're single, you may be juggling more than one guy, or dodging guys you have no interest in. That can get to be too much. Sometimes people assume that being in a relationship is hard. I say being single can be just as daunting. 

So how do I make being single fun and not stressful Mandizzy? 

Well I am so glad you asked! Because I've come up with three simple guidelines to follow. 


The first being, be yourself! It's so hard juggling guys, rejecting guys and at the same time pretending to be someone else. So let's make your life a little easier and be authentic. Be the real you. Don't try to impress that person by being someone you're not. In the end the real you has to come out so let's  make that sooner rather than later. 

Respect the curve! Yes that's the second and probably the most important part of being single. Recognizing when the situation is dead. Understanding that the other party no longer feels the same way. This can be difficult to do so my best advice would be to ask them directly. Are we still in this or nah? It's simple, it's direct and they're honesty will save you a lot of time. Nothing can be worst than beating a dead horse. So respect any situation that has run its course and walk away. 

The last thing you need to take into consideration and practice is communication. In all honesty, we often shield or hide our true feelings when it's comes to the opposite sex. Be honest, be real and let that person know what's up! If you're unhappy, say something. If you're over the moon in love! Let them know. 

I feel like we create problems that don't have to exist by being someone we're not, holding on to something that's no longer there and bottling up all our emotions. Being single is supposed to be the easy part, we allow it to get crazy. We allow it to consume us. To frustrate us. To discourage us. I write this blog to say it doesn't have to be.

So Trust Me... Because You Know I Can't Lie and I want you to find peace in being single.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments