He Don't Give AF About You

By 9:47:00 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

My friendship sympathy works in stages. In the beginning I will be your shoulder to cry on for hours at a time. I will come over to your home, make sure you eat, force you into a shower. I will listen to you analyze and re analyze where you and your boo went wrong. I will listen to you justify his transgressions. I will help you blow your nose. I will be your RIDE OR DIE. That’s just how deep my love goes. I don’t like to see others in pain. If I can help ease the pain by being there, that’s what you can count on me to do.

Towards a month after the situation, you will notice that I’m super angry at the person. Within this stage, I become less sympathetic and often demand that you accept your current reality. It’s over. You need to focus on healing. You need to focus on you. I will help you do that. I will provide distractions. I will take you out. I will force you to face the world you’ve left behind. And eventually you will want to do all of that on your own.

But then... as you’re healing, getting back to life, you will notice that they haven’t called or texted. They haven’t tried to get you back. And this will drive you crazy. And this will also drive ME crazy. The final stage of my sympathy.
Now I think you need some tough love. You need a dose of good old reality. I hate when my my friends waste precious time wondering about how or what their ex is doing. He’s not worried about you in the way that you’re still obsessing over him.
He’s out here living his best life and you’re balled up in a corner crying. At this moment in time, you need to cut the umbilical cord. You need to not only accept that it’s over but start living like it’s over. Go on dates. Start a new hobby. Create new memories with new people. Love your friends a little harder. Obsess over your family.

You’ve already been through the worst. It’s time to get back to living your own best life. And when you do, remember to Trust Me... because you knew I Couldn’t Lie.

Don't Forget To Comment

;-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments